Bean and Cheese Quesadillas
-Saute in a large skillet over medium heat until vegetables are tender.
- 1 Tblsp. Jalapeno Pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Sweet Onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Green Bell Pepper, finely chopped
- 1 Tblsp. Olive Oil
-Add to sauted vegetables. Stir well and heat through. Set aside. Mixture will be very thick.
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 can (16 oz.) refried beans
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 can (15 oz.) whole kernal corn, drained
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
-Place about 2 T. canola oil into a large no-stick skillet. Heat oil over medium heat until hot. While pan is warming, spread bean mixture onto one tortilla about 1/4-1/2 inch thick, staying away from edges about 1/4 inch. Place into hot oil, tortilla side down. Sprinkle extra cheddar cheese over top. Top with another tortilla. Fry until golden brown on each side, flipping only once. Place onto paper towel to drain. Slice into 4 wedges. Repeat until bean mixture is used up, or refrigerate leftover bean mixture for another meal or snack.
- 8-10 large flour tortillas
- canola oil for frying
Serve with Mrs. Miller's Chunky Salsa and sour cream, if desired.