Fresh Tomato, Basil, & Garlic Pasta
Yields 5 servings
•2 lbs Fresh tomatoes
- Place tomatoes in a kettle and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil. Pour off water and cover again with cold water to cool for a minute or two. Peel and cut into small pieces. Set aside.
•8 oz. Mrs. Miller’s Angel Hair or your favorite Mrs. Miller's Old Fashioned Noodles
- Begin cooking according to package directions.
•4 cloves Crushed garlic
•¼ cup Chopped onion
•1Tbsp. Olive oil
- While pasta is cooking, sauté garlic and onion in olive oil in a large skillet. Be careful not to brown garlic. Sauté until just opaque.
•1 Tbsp. Tomato paste
- Add to skillet and immediately stir in the fresh diced tomatoes. Simmer until pasta is ready.
•1 Tbsp. Olive oil
- Remove pasta when ready. Drain but do not rinse. Stir in Olive Oil.
- Fold skillet mixture into pasta.
•1½ Tbsp. Chopped fresh basil
•Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Add and mix well. Cook on low until thoroughly warm. Serve with freshly grated parmesan cheese, if desired.
Variations: Sauté fresh quartered mushrooms with the garlic and onions, or add shoestring zucchini along with the tomato.